In exceptional beauty promontory it stood a fortress, currently only identifiable by some traces. Existing in 1592, the fortress was provided in the seventeenth century, the bastion walls of polygonal, and cistern, supported by gap, that there are still traces, and drawbridge.
The location in a dominant headland on the coast such as the N. Sra. da Rocha – Our Lady of the Rock, offering exceptional conditions for the protection of the populations of frequent attacks by corsairs, and particularly to protect the almadrava the existing source in the current Pera Pera Beach . Like many others local heritage disappeared during the disastrous 1755 earthquake.
However, the small chapel inside and the scenario wonder justify the visit to this location.